Here is my Blog to share with family and friends.
I don't usualy type alot, it is mostly pictures.
I hope you enjoy and vist offten.
Dont forget to check out the archives for past postings.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

MIKENNY IS STAYING HOME


FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT DIDN'T KNOW THIS..

MIKENNY WAS GOING TO GO TO KINDERGARDEN THIS YEAR AND REPEAT IT AGAIN NEXT YEAR BECAUSE OF HIS AGE!

I NEEDED TO STOP INTO THE KINGSTON ELEMENTARY, TO SPEAK WITH SOMEONE ABOUT MIKENNY'S EVALUATION.

HE DID NOT DO VERY WELL AT ALL!!!!

AND I WAS INFORMED THAT I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE CHOICE OF HIM REPEATING KINDERGARDEN IF HE DID WELL ENOUGH AND THE SCHOOL WAS TO ITS LIMIT OF CHILDREN THAT COULD BE HELD BACK!

SO LONG STORY SHORT

WE DECIDED TO NOT SEND HIM AT ALL THIS YEAR

WITH THIS DESICION I WAS GIVEN A GENEROUS OFFER FROM A TEACHER OVER AT THE SCHOOL TO HELP ME DEVELOPE A EFFECTIVE WAY TO GET MIKENNY AHEAD AND READY FOR KINDERGARDEN NEXT YEAR!

I AM EXCITED TO PLAY SCHOOL WITH ALL THREE OF MY BOYS AND GET THEN ALL READY!

MIKENNY SEEMED FIND WITH THE IDEA!


2 comments:

Laura said...

If your concerned at all about him being ready to start, then you are better off going ahead and NOT starting him now, instead of trying to hold him back later. It'll be best for him in the long run. When kids start out behind, it's hard for them to catch up later. This way, he can have another year to get ready for school. One word of advice, at church go ahead and "hold him back" also. Since he's not starting kindergarten, let him stay in the pre-k class at church and consider him as a pre-k student in everything. That way, when he starts school next year he'll be in class with all the kids that are starting school too. Am I making any sense at all? It is late and I'm about cross-eyed from working on the computer for a long time today!

BOBBI-JO said...

YES LAURA THAT DOES ALL MAKE SENCE EVEN IF YOU ARE CROSS-EYED LOL
AND BECAUSE OF HIS BIRTHDAY WE NEW WHAT WE WANTED TO DO WITH HIM SO HE IS ALREADY IN THE YOUNGER CLASS AND DID DO THAT FOR VBS AND SO ON! BUT THANK YOU FOR ALL OF YOUR ADVICE IT IS GREAT!